Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Musings on My Hermes Scarves Part II for today

Today I noticed that ebay has a Fauna et Flora du Texas cashmere GM listed. This design is by one of my absolute favorite Hermes scarf artists, Kermit Oliver. I remember wanting a GM in this design so badly. I even posted "want ads" on "Craigs List" all over the state of Texas.

It was finally due to the efforts of some Hermes scarf collecting sisters from the forums that I was connected to mine (shown above). I will always be grateful to them! As it is truly one of my most prized possessions.

I even have some extremely fond memories attached to the wearing of this one, as I wore it to a Paul McCartney concert. The night was enchanting!

For me over the years this is what scarf collecting has all been about. The friendships, the wonderful memories, and the sharing of passions for all things "En Soie"

No comments: