Friday, February 6, 2009

Ode To Love...

An Ode To Love...
Throughout history there have been many love stories some true from the pages of time, and some from the pages of great literature. Many come to mind Romeo and Juliet, Anthony and Cleopatera, Robert and Elizabeth Browning, Abelard and Heloise, Napoleon and Josephine, (Prince) Edward and Wallis Simpson are a few who come to my mind.
I am fortunate in that during the month of Valentines day when I think of great loves, the love between my own mother and father comes to mind.
Married July 9, 1954, they would have been married 50 years in 2004. We lost Dad first in 2001, then Mother followed in 2003.
While going through her things a Diary was found wherein she had recorded the events of their courtship. I will always treasure the Diary, I wish I had known of its existence while she was alive, but some gifts are given when others leave us.

1 comment:

Fluff Chance said...

It sounds very warm andsatisfying what I've just read. Your parents are the sweetest treasures. I was struck by your inclusion of Wallis and the Duke of Windsor. I've followed and read all I think is in print on their union. It seems that their great love affair was something altogether of a different sort. It surprised me that you would consider them as such guileless lovers. I have my doubts. But Valentines are for 2 and what is love and why is also for 2 people and not for me to question. I like your blog. You're very sweet and I am always warmed and touched by what you share. Happy Valentines Month!
Fluff Chance
Http://emperorsoldclothes.blogspot.com/